Thursday, May 16, 2013

5th grade Aboriginal Rainsticks

5th graders are finishing up their year by going back to Australian art! (We finally collected enough pringles cans to do the project). We looked at Australian dot art and considered how their paintings and rainsticks were used in their aboriginal culture. We then painted a dot painting in a similar style and color scheme, pushed nails through a pringles can, filled it with rice beans and such, then used art paste to mache it all together! We are making music in here!



















3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. I like how the design has been prepared and wrapped around. We tried this and we painted directly onto the cylinder, which was problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I am planning on doing some australian art with one of my art classes this year and I am searching for good ideas. :-) You are now on my blog roll and I will surely return.
    Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete