Thursday, December 6, 2012

2nd Grade Da Vinci Invented Robots

2nd graders studied the life and art of Leonardo Da Vinci! They learned that he was practically a genius  in all the amazing inventions that he had and art that he created. We studio The Last Supper and the Mona Lisa.  In addition to being an amazing realistic painter, he drew in his sketchbook the first helicopter, tank and even a robot well before these were even created!

After studying the robot invention, 2nd graders created their own robots and used random gadgets to do some printmaking in the frame!


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9aQPtQ5VU0cHVwcE9MczlWWFE/edit?usp=sharing










10 comments:

  1. Ah cute! We do robots, but I hadn't considered linking Da Vinci to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love these! Do you have a lesson plan for this that I could follow? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesson plan is here:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9aQPtQ5VU0cHVwcE9MczlWWFE/edit?usp=sharing

    Hope that works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that in your lesson plan you have a "robot packet" - can you possibly provide this for download as well? Thank you! I love your lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      So sorry but I don't have digital copies of the packets anymore. I just googled "how to draw robots" as an image search on google and SO many just pop up. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I would love to have copies of all your lesson plans for the year....I always seem to like yours best when searching. I would gladly pay you. Is that a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some great poems to help inspire robots as well! " my Brother Built a RObot" by Jack Prelutsky and " My Robot" by Douglas FLorian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great poems about Robots to use as well for inspiration!
    "My Brother Built a Robot" by Jack Prelutsky and "My Robot" by Douglas Florian are a couple!

    ReplyDelete